"BREADED" PORK CHOPS AND GRAVY




"BREADED" PORK CHOPS AND GRAVY

This is a very good meal with a tasty gravy. If the gravy runs low, just stir in some water or more chicken stock.  Delicious!  I think I will make pork chops more often now that I have this recipe.  I used to simply "bread" the pork chops before and although nice, this is a step beyond.  Served here with Fail-Safe Cauli Mash and Cheesy Scalloped Eggplant Casserole.

I love making my soups with homemade chicken stock.  I use a leftover rotisserie chicken, place it in the crock-pot along with a carrot and an onion, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper and 1 tsp dried parsley. Cook on low overnight.  Drain and place soup in airtight container in the fridge or freezer depending on when you would like to use it.  I try to make sure I always have some in the freezer.  Homemade chicken stock is amazingly healthy.  SEE HERE.

1 egg
1 tbsp water (15 mL)
4 pork chops (I used boneless)
2 tbsp bacon fat (30 mL)
1/cup chicken stock (125 mL)
  (I make homemade chicken stock)
1/cup whipping cream (125 mL)
1/tsp dried cilantro (2 mL)
1/tsp red chili flakes (1 mL)
1/tsp black pepper (1 mL)
Salt, to taste at end of cooking
Breading:
1/cup Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2 (click for recipe) (75 mL)
 OR simply use a mix of almond flour and coconut flour!
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese (30 mL)
1/tsp salt (2 mL)
1/tsp black pepper (1 mL)

In small bowl, beat egg and water with fork.  Dip pork chops in egg wash and then spoon “breading” over both sides of the chops.

In large frying pan, over medium heat, in bacon fat, fry pork chops 2 minutes, turn and fry 2 minutes and turn again, Add chicken stock, whipping cream, cilantro, red chili flakes and black pepper.  Cook with lid on pan until chops are done.  Add more water or chicken stock to the gravy, if necessary (water is usually all that is required).  Taste the gravy (it should be salty enough) and add more salt, if necessary.

Breading:  In small bowl, combine Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2, Parmesan cheese, salt and black pepper.

Yield:  4 servings
1 serving
484.9 calories
25.7 g protein
40.2 g fat
0.0 g fiber
3.4 g net carbs 


SUPPORT YOUR TEAMbuy Low-Carbing Among Friends cookbooks: low-carb.us/SALE.go


For other great Low-Carb, Gluten-Free recipes by the team & me: